Employers face a complex web of state and federal laws that apply to the employer-employee relationship. Getting things wrong — incorrectly classifying or paying employees, for example — can lead to costly litigation that uses financial resources and tarnishes your reputation. Moreover, because we also represent employees in these types of cases, we have a special perspective on litigation of wage and hour disputes.
At Berke-Weiss & Pechman LLP, we represent employers throughout the Greater New York City area in wage and hour law matters. Our boutique law firm focuses on employment law matters, which has allowed us to excel in this area of law.
Our experienced lawyers provide many different services for employers related to wage and hour compliance or overtime compliance:
- We represent employers in United States Department of Labor and New York State Department of Labor audits, Orders to Comply, and before the Industrial Board of Appeals.
- We develop employment policies that comply with recent changes to wage and hour law.
- We draft employee handbooks, outlining policies regarding work and pay.
- We help managers put good wage and hour policies in place through proper training and documentation.
- We counsel managers on keeping track of the hours that employees work.
- We assist in the correct classification of employees so that they are eligible for overtime wages, if applicable.
- We analyze existing employment policies for compliance with state and federal law.
- We represent employers and employees in wage and hour lawsuits in state and federal courts, including class and collective action claims.
- We review “white collar exemptions” on behalf of companies and audit company compliance with wage and hour laws.