When it comes to seeking legal representation for your professional practice, corporation or association, sooner is better than later. It is best to obtain a lawyer’s guidance before decisions are made and documents are finalized. Otherwise, potential problems may be overlooked, exposing your business to the possibility of litigation.
At Berke-Weiss & Pechman LLP, in Midtown Manhattan, we represent clients throughout the New York metropolitan area. Many of these clients are lawyers and doctors who collaborate with other similar professionals to open and participate in the daily operations of various professional practices. We also assist accountants, architects and engineers with their business needs.
Legal Counsel for the Matters Affecting Your Professional Practice
Collaborating with the attorneys at Berke-Weiss & Pechman LLP helps you make the best possible decisions regarding a broad range of legal matters. We regularly provide custom counsel on the matters that affect you, including:
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing partnership agreements and related documents
- Choosing the best possible business entity for you, such as a limited liability company (LLC) or a professional limited liability partnership (PLLP)
- Resolving potential disputes that arise among professional members of the practice or between an employee and the practice
- Developing and implementing employment practices to avoid or reduce the impact of employment litigation
- Negotiating termination/severance agreements
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting employment agreements involving restrictive covenants such as non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements and nonsolicitation agreements
- Limiting liability for professional malpractice/obtaining and maintaining proper insurance
Attorneys at our firm would like nothing more than to see your practice succeed, and we realize that success does not come without a great deal of hard work. We work diligently for our clients, providing clear and comprehensive legal advice from the moment you retain us until matters are resolved.
Representation You Can Turn to Again and Again
Many of our clients continue to return to Berke-Weiss & Pechman LLP for services throughout the duration of their practices. They realize the benefit of returning again and again to a team of experienced lawyers that knows them, their needs and their business goals.
Of course, we hope that by putting the proper protections in place, we will help your professional practice avoid litigation. However, we live in a litigious society, and this is not always possible. If you believe that your professional practice may become involved in litigation, you can contact us to help resolve the matter quickly and effectively.